A WARM WELCOME
WHAT KIND OF WORK DO WE DO
Beauty and Utility Arts is a Leicestershire based social enterprise working with older people.
Run by Founding Director Katherine Brown, together with a growing team of experienced Associates, we develop and manage creative projects and resources with social benefits across the three areas of Arts, Heritage and Health.
Mental wellbeing and community are the threads that run through all of our ideas and actions and at any one time we have a small number of core pieces of work in progress.
WHAT MAKES US UNIQUE?
In everything we do, we strive to make a difference by paying attention to the basics:
- Listen – Everyone has the right to be listened to, without interruption or judgment. How else would we create a project tailored to your individual needs?
- Learn – Every project is different and learning together through great communication means we get the best outcomes.
- Plan and deliver – Every member of our team is professional, experienced, enthusiastic and prepared. Mixing all those ingredients together ensures projects runs smoothly.
- Evaluate – By using tried and tested evaluation tools we measure our projects to establish outcomes and areas for further exploration.
- Reflect – Stopping to reflect is a huge part of what we do. It’s how we move forward and improve. Katherine really does spend a lot of time in supermarket car parks!
We are huge supporters of the New Economics Foundation’s ‘Five Ways To Wellbeing’
and we work as many as possible in to all of our projects.
[box type=”download”] Useful downloads[/box]
[button link=”http://www.beautyandutilityarts.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/BUA-Code-of-Professional-Practice+Policies-and-Procedures.pdf” type=”icon”]Code of Professional Practice, Polices and Procedures[/button]