A WARM WELCOME
WHAT KIND OF WORK DO WE DO
Beauty and Utility Arts is a Leicestershire based social enterprise working with older community members and primary age children, separately and together.
Run by Founding Director Katherine Brown, together with a growing team of experienced Associates and Volunteers, we develop and manage creative projects and resources with social benefits across the three areas of Creativity, Heritage and Wellbeing.
WHAT MAKES US UNIQUE?
In everything we do, we strive to make a difference by paying attention to the basics:
- Listen – Everyone has the right to be listened to, without interruption or judgment. How else would we create a project tailored to your individual needs?
- Learn – Every project is different and learning together through great communication means we get the best outcomes.
- Plan and deliver – Every member of our team is professional, experienced, enthusiastic and prepared. Mixing all those ingredients together ensures projects runs smoothly.
- Evaluate – By using tried and tested evaluation tools we measure our projects to establish outcomes and areas for further exploration.
- Reflect – Stopping to reflect is a huge part of what we do. It’s how we move forward and improve. Katherine really does spend a lot of time in supermarket car parks!
We are huge supporters of the New Economics Foundation’s ‘Five Ways To Wellbeing’
and we work as many as possible in to all of our projects.